Friday, June 19, 2009

About

Hello! My name is Ismael Ahmed and I am currently the director of Michigan’s Department of Human Services. The Department of Human Services works to bring help and hope to people in need in Michigan. As director, I am working diligently with the department and its partners to decrease poverty and improve the lives of children and vulnerable adults.

A little more about me: In 1973, I co-founded the Arab Community Center for Economic and Social Services (ACCESS), the largest Arab-American human services organization in the United States. I became executive director in 1983 where I was responsible for the overall operations of the organization as well as the administration of the Arab American National Museum.

I enjoy writing and am a contributing author to Arabs in America: Myths and Reality and have also been a contributing author for the Woodrow Wilson Foundation publication, Arab American Political Participation in the United States. I graduated from the University of Michigan with a B.A. in Secondary Education and a minor in Sociology in 1977.

No comments:

Post a Comment